Dog Breed of the Month - January 2011 - Tibetan Spaniel
Purebred Dog Breed of the Month
• The Tibetan Spaniel is is not a true Spaniel as in your typical gun dog breeds.
• Color wise, the Tibbie comes in many solid colors such as cream, white, fawn, red, gold, black and even black and tan.
• These dogs are typically very happy, independent, smart, and trusting.
• This dog breed is also considered to be a fine family companion dog, and also a very good watchdog.
• These little dogs are also about 10 inches tall and between 9 - 15 pounds in weight.
• Socialization with people and other animals and dog training from an early age is also essential for this dog breed.
• The overall life expectancy for this dog breed is usually about 12 – 15 years.
• It is interesting to note that Tibetan Spaniel dams usually only go into heat once a year, instead of two.
• Tibbies are also prone to respiratory problems and even heat stroke so be aware if you decide to bring one into your life.
Return from Dog Breed of the Month January 2011 - Tibetan Spaniel to AKC Non Sporting Dog Group
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am." -- Toby & Eileen Green