Novice Obedience Exercise Requirements(CD)
1) Heel on leash and figure 8 - includes sitting at halt, speed changes and about turns.
2) Heel off leash and figure 8 - same as #1, but done off leash.
3) Recall - come when called from sit/stay position 35 feet away.
4) Stand for examination - performed off leash
with handler 6 feet away.
5) Long sit - performed off leash
with a group of dogs for at least 1 minute.
6) Long down - performed off leash
with a group of dogs for at least 3 minutes.
Open (CDX) Obedience Exercise Requirements
1) Drop on recall - dog lies down on command while in motion.
2) Heel free and figure 8 - same as in Novice level.
3) Broad jump - the length of the jump is double that of the high jump for the dog.
4) Retrieve on flat - dog retrieves a dumbell.
5) Retrieve over high jump - jump length is 1 1/4 times the dogs height at the shoulder.
6) Long sit - must be completed for a 3 minute period of time with handler out of sight.
7) Long down - must be completed for a 5 minute period of time with handler out of sight.
Utility (UD) Obedience Exercise Requirements
1) Directed Jumping - dog moves away from handler, sits, and jumps as directed.
2) Directed retrieve - dog retrieves on of 3 different gloves as directed.
3) Signal exercise - commands such as heel, stay, stand, sit, down and come are done with hand signals only.
4) and 5) Scent discriminations - dog must find article with handlers scent on it among many other like articles.
6) Moving stand and exam - dog stands in place while handler keeps moving.