How to Have Healthy Dogs
If you are a dog lover like me, and want healthy dogs yourself, then I am sure that you understand the love and joy that these furry friends can bring us, but our canine friends need more than just a belly rub to stay healthy. Engaging in healthy habits can ensure that your favorite furry animal stays alive and healthy.
So, here are a few tips for keeping your pet healthy now:
1. Take your dog to a park and let him run. Whether you run along beside them or play a simple game of fetch, this type of exercise promotes a healthy cardiovascular system. Plus, if you run him around long enough, you’ll be promoting another healthy habit…a good night’s sleep!
2. Regulate your dog’s food and treats. We all love to see the dog run to the bowl or sit, roll over, and play dead for a MilkBone, but regulating your dogs diet is a great way to ensure that your dog isn’t over-or-under-eating. Sometimes the first sign of a problem is a loss of appetite, but if you don’t regulate the diet, who would know the difference?
3. Give your dog an over-the-counter heartworm medication. Easy, simple to find, and relatively inexpensive, these medications cannot only keep your dog healthy, they could potentially save it’s life. A veterinarian can make a recommendation as to the best medication for your specific size and breed of canine, but do not overlook this simple and effective way to keep your dog healthy. Besides, they taste like treats and dogs love them, so it will make him happy and you'll have healthy dogs too!
4. Check your dog’s stool. I know…gross right? But if your dog has worms or blood in his stool, he may need immediate medical attention, or at least a quick trip to the vet. Taking a couple of seconds with a shovel to ensure the health of your canine may just keep him around a little longer.
5. Take your canine buddy to the vet regularly. There’s nothing like a good check up with the vet to make sure that there are no issues to be worried about. Get your dog’s teeth cleaned, make sure it doesn’t have fleas or worms, and ask the vet about other ways to keep your dog healthy.
Chances are your dog will need a shot or two once in awhile to keep him healthy, but as you know, it is well worth the money to keep him barking at the door when you come home from work. Keeping your animal healthy is important not just for him, but for you as well. Just don’t wait until it’s too late to take the necessary steps to ensure that your dogs healthy.
Return from Healthy Dogs to Dog Grooming
"Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves?" Bible - I Samuel 17:43